Club Challenge Cup

Looking for someone to detect with? Have an announcement? Post here
antiphonus

Club Challenge Cup

Postby antiphonus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:36 pm

With the summer season coming up, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in putting together a (very relaxed) club finds challenge. Anyone interested could put in, say 5 dollars towards a prize for the best single find of the summer. All summer we can post pics of our finds here for one another, and in August or September, we can have a vote (everyone will vote for their top two or three, so we can avoid people voting only for themselves). Top vote-getter wins the pot or the prize.

Waddya think? :D I've seen this work well in other MD clubs, and it keeps people motivated to post their finds so we can stay involved, even on weekends we can't make it to the park or the beach.
The Mighty Deus
Evolution Pro Spade
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Elbow Grease ;)

Blog: www.exchequerofwords.com

adamBomb
Site Admin

Re: Club Challenge Cup

Postby adamBomb » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:26 am

That would be awesome. Last summer my best finds were gold but my most valuable were probably iphones
CTX 3030 with 17'' coil, Fisher CZ21, Excalibur, Whites DF, + 920 stealth scoop
Blog: http://detectinggold.blogspot.com/

antiphonus

Re: Club Challenge Cup

Postby antiphonus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:21 pm

I have been going to school in the UK, and last year I found Georgian milled and medieval hammered silver, mostly in Oxfordshire fields but also mudlarking in the Thames River (eyes only).

This year will be different, obviously, as I'm moving back to NC. I hope to learn how to beach hunt and find that gold! :D :D
The Mighty Deus
Evolution Pro Spade
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Elbow Grease ;)

Blog: www.exchequerofwords.com

Return to “Meet up + Events + Announcements”