Hello from Sneads Ferry

Hawkeye52

Hello from Sneads Ferry

Postby Hawkeye52 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Howdy all,
I live in Sneads Ferry and have been detecting since 2013. I originally grew up in Randolph County, NC and joined the US Navy back in 1997. I will soon be retiring from that job and will be spending more time detecting until I go back to work. My first detector was an ACE 350 that I found quite a bit of clad with. I passed it along to my 2nd oldest boy as a Christmas present when my sister bought me a Garrett AT Pro. That was okay for awhile, but I finally bought me a true beach hunting machine with my purchase of a CZ 21 with the 8 inch coil. The CZ 21 is my go to detector and has helped me to find gold and silver jewelry along Topsail Island. I hope to run into some of you out there and we can chat a bit. I have already met several detectors that may not be on line as well.

Stay safe and happy hunting!!

Hawkeye52
aka Donald
Fisher CZ-21 8 inch coil, Stealth 720i with CF handle.

adamBomb
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Sneads Ferry

Postby adamBomb » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

Welcome! I go out to topsail a lot too. I haven't seen anyone out there with a CZ21 but I will be on the lookout.
CTX 3030 with 17'' coil, Fisher CZ21, Excalibur, Whites DF, + 920 stealth scoop
Blog: http://detectinggold.blogspot.com/

Hawkeye52

Re: Hello from Sneads Ferry

Postby Hawkeye52 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I usually hunt from NTB down to Surf City. I have tried Topsail Beach once, but was mad due to all the sand they have down there. :x
Anyways, I am keeping an eye out on North Topsail Beach. Their town council is looking at doing a possible dune push some time this winter. So, I will be looking for the erosion and hoping for some good Nor'easters to blow. I seem to find mainly coins this time of the year, with the exception being my birthday last year and I was able to score my first gold/silver bracelet.
Fisher CZ-21 8 inch coil, Stealth 720i with CF handle.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”