Night hunt on Sunday, April 9th

Show off your finds
Hawkeye52

Night hunt on Sunday, April 9th

Postby Hawkeye52 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Last night, I decided to strike out at 10:00 PM to hunt my new spot/area. The low tide was at 1:54 AM, so I thought I would stay until midnight or so. So, as I am driving, I contemplate where to hunt. My usual spot was pretty pounded out by now, and the weather and winds and changed as I took note from before. The new area I have been going to off and on does not get beach renoursihment, so the sand that moves in is from the ocean. This area also as three differnent access areas where people gather to swim and what not.

The area I choose had previously produced some clad, a junk ring, and one Rosie. In this area of the island, the erosion factor is odd, as the ocean likes to sand it in more and the dunes are not as towering due to excess sand. Anyhow, I decided to go here first, and then I would move back down to my silver sweet spot. It was a beautiful moon lit night, and the only other people on the beach were a couple down from me that appeared to be making out. :o They saw me, and eventually left. I didn't pay them no mind, and headed in the opposite direction. Back to the hunting!! I noticed that the beach was sloped high, and left shells as it sloped quickly downward. I always look for shells and rocks to give clues where I should concentrate to hunt. So, I started gridding and found trash, zincolns, and some sort of button stuck in rock/asphalt. It gave a nice mid tone, so I dug it up. I went along for about 30 minutes, and then I turned around and headed to where I first came on the beach. It was here in this area that there are this hut type structures for people to hang out and avoid the sun. They are now condemned to entry as they are fairly old. It was in front of this area that I concentrated on. I went back to gridding and pulled out a Rosie. I knew to slow down, and I did. Found more trash and then I went toward the sloppy sand. I got a nice high tone and thought that it was another zinc penny. It turned out to be a clad dime. After I found the dime, I swung again and hear a distant mid tone. I dug two scoops down and was surprised to pull out a 10K class ring from 1942!! I was flabbergasted. I had dug at least 18 inches looking for the dime and mid tone combined. If I hadn't found that dime, I would not have probably found the ring as well. I was excited as my gold drought was over!

I hunted 30 more minutes, before I headed to the other spot. No silvers came out, but I pulled two more rings, one titanium and one unknown. Anyways, I am done yapping. Take care all and HH!!

https://goo.gl/photos/jmcyhPkFN4JkBxjg7
Fisher CZ-21 8 inch coil, Stealth 720i with CF handle.

antiphonus

Re: Night hunt on Sunday, April 9th

Postby antiphonus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:11 am

Loving that gold! Well found, Hawkeye. And thanks for the excellent write-up. I have been working non-stop and haven't had the chance yet to get back on the beaches, but I am hoping to this week. If so, I will send an update. Meanwhile, long may your luck continue!
The Mighty Deus
Evolution Pro Spade
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Elbow Grease ;)

Blog: www.exchequerofwords.com

Hawkeye52

Re: Night hunt on Sunday, April 9th

Postby Hawkeye52 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:50 pm

antiphonus wrote:Loving that gold! Well found, Hawkeye. And thanks for the excellent write-up. I have been working non-stop and haven't had the chance yet to get back on the beaches, but I am hoping to this week. If so, I will send an update. Meanwhile, long may your luck continue!

Thank you!
Hopefully you can get out there. As for here, it is a struggle sometimes due to the wave action. One day a spot produces, and the next it is sanded back in. Take care.
Fisher CZ-21 8 inch coil, Stealth 720i with CF handle.

Return to “Treasure”