Finds from another night hunt on 6 April

Show off your finds
Hawkeye52

Finds from another night hunt on 6 April

Postby Hawkeye52 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:02 pm

So, I went back to my new spot that has produced silver coins and old rings. We had some storms roll through the previous day, and Onslow County was under a high surf advisory. I was happy to see this, and went out. The sand had moved some, but not like I was hoping. I surmised that I had picked her clean of silver, but got a nice surprise. However, I moved around more than my previous hunts. I found my only silver coin, a Merc, way up on the dunes in another section of beach that I had not found silver before. I slowed down, but could not pull any more out. Luck, I guess.

Anyways, I walked down to another beach access, and then turned around. Along the way, I found the usual zinc pennies ,pull tabs, trash and some clad. I moved back down the beach to the spot where I had pulled most of my silver previously. This section of beach is probably about 75 feet long and at low tide about 60 feet wide. I was able to pull another Buffalo nickel and found me another old silver ring. This ring has "Sterling" stamped on it, with the makers mark of BP above it. Not sure how old it is, but it is cool looking.

Well, after the ring, I decided to call it quits and head home. Until next time....

HH and Good luck all!

https://goo.gl/photos/f2L8fQZjgBK2YyFz9
Fisher CZ-21 8 inch coil, Stealth 720i with CF handle.

antiphonus

Re: Finds from another night hunt on 6 April

Postby antiphonus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:14 am

Man, seems like you're pulling out at least one ring per trip. Well found. Can't wait to get out there again!
The Mighty Deus
Evolution Pro Spade
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Elbow Grease ;)

Blog: www.exchequerofwords.com

Return to “Treasure”