My hunt from Monday night 4/4/17

Show off your finds
Hawkeye52

My hunt from Monday night 4/4/17

Postby Hawkeye52 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Hello all,

It has been a long time since I last posted on here. Life has changed for me and kept me busy. I just recently retired from 20 years of active duty Naval service and finished up some home improvement projects. Anyhow, I currently have more time to enjoy my hobby until I start school in May.

I went out last night to catch the falling tide here at my new favorite spot, and saw the beach at dusk. We had just experienced some high surf, and I was hoping the dunes were carved some. This beach is littered with shell casings, iron, and assorted trash. But I have recently worked this beach quite a bit and had scored 5 Mercs, 1 silver Washington, 2 war nickels and many Wheaties.

Anyways, my first find of the night was a Merc. Then some clad, and a nice silver quarter. Then dug me up my first Buffalo nickel to date, some more clad and trash, and a ladies silver ring that appears to be quite old.

So, I decide to take a break and head to the restroom. After I re-entered the beach, my first signal near the dune was a mid/high tone. I thought great, another Zincoln or pull tab, but was surprised to score my first Barber Quarter. Man, it was a great feeling!! I was stoked and hunted for another hour. I found a larger men's silver ring way up on the beach, more Zincolns, another Merc and another silver Washington Quarter. SO, at 1:00 AM, I finally headed home.

Sorry for being long winded, kinda still excited!!

Thanks for looking and HH!!

https://goo.gl/photos/v5VgDoZusuKYkTBA9
Fisher CZ-21 8 inch coil, Stealth 720i with CF handle.

antiphonus

Re: My hunt from Monday night 4/4/17

Postby antiphonus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:58 am

Well found, Hawk. That CZ-21 seems to be a silver magnet. Keep the pics coming when you can.

And congrats on your retirement. What are you going to study?
The Mighty Deus
Evolution Pro Spade
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Elbow Grease ;)

Blog: www.exchequerofwords.com

Hawkeye52

Re: My hunt from Monday night 4/4/17

Postby Hawkeye52 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 pm

antiphonus wrote:Well found, Hawk. That CZ-21 seems to be a silver magnet. Keep the pics coming when you can.

And congrats on your retirement. What are you going to study?

Thank you, antiphonus. Yes, my CZ-21 does well with silver. I have been lucky to find three gold rings with it, but so far the beach conditions have not cooperated for me over the past 18 months to produce gold. As for college, I will be pursuing an Associates in Computer Information Technology. One of my other passions is building PC's and troubleshooting them. I am looking forward to it!! Take care and HH!!
Fisher CZ-21 8 inch coil, Stealth 720i with CF handle.

Return to “Treasure”